Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Maumee Bay State Park - May 10-12, 2013

The Boardwalk at Maumee Bay State Park
Our adventures continue for Mother's Day weekend with a short stay at Maumee Bay State Park. Neither of us had ever camped there, but had visited the park on several occasions. We had a beautiful campsite (site 94) on a cal-de-sac and were joining three other couples for the weekend. We left late after work and it rained the whole drive down to Maumee. As soon as we checked into the campsite, it started to rain there too. We brought the rain with us and it really was the theme for the whole weekend. It was cold, rainy and dreary, but we still managed to have a good time. I apparently wasn't in a picture taking mood as thought I didn't have anything to share, but today as I was going through my cell phone pics, I ran across a pic from the boardwalk that Jim and I discovered. Late in the afternoon on Saturday, we decide to take a drive around the park to see what was new and had stumbled across this nature walk. It was really nice. There were a lot of people bird watching as this weekend was the biggest bird migration weekend for the spring time. We had to be quiet which, as most of you know, is a little hard for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment