Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Two Pods in the Park

Its always fun camping with other Podders! A few years ago we met the Bausman through the R-Pod Owners Facebook group. We really hit it off and discovered that we didn't live far from each other. We have tried to camp a weekend or two a year together ever since.

We tend to meet up in Monroe, MI (my hometown, ironically) and camp at Habortown RV Park. We had another awesome weekend together. The weather was warm enough during the day to enjoy the pool (and work on my tan) and cool enough at night to sit around the fire. 

One of my many favorite things about camping is experimenting and trying new food. We ate real good all weekend long but also experienced a new foil packet options that I cannot wait to try again (maybe as early as this weekend). On Saturday night we had steaks and all brought side dishes to share. The hash browns were cooked in foil packet with sour cream, butter and cheese. They were amazing! We have done sliced potatoes before in the foil packet, but never using the hash browns. This has me on the hunt for different foil packet dinner/side dishes that we can do.

I cannot believe that this weekend is Labor Day weekend already. Where did the time go? I certainly haven't camped enough (especially since I messed up the whole month of July with kidney stones), but we still have a handful of trips on the books. Last year, we camped into November. I wonder if we will be that lucky again? 


Two Pods in the Park

Always trying to get a good photo of the Pod at night
to show off our lights.

No comments:

Post a Comment