Saturday, November 11, 2017

A Family That Camps Together, Stays Together

I think I need to use the above graphic and make t-shirts to commemorate 
all of our family camping trips together. 

Our Podding adventures continue into September with a spontaneous weekend with my brother's family at Hayes State Park in the Irish Hills. I think we made plans and booked sites within a week and we had an absolutely fabulous time! The weather was perfect for a late September weekend in Michigan, and definitely appreciated the campfire at night.      
                    
So, what do you with a 14-year-old, 13-year-old and a 11-year-old? Well, on Saturday morning after my brother and sister-in-law cooked an amazing breakfast, we took a long hike around the park and then many rounds of Kan Jam were played. Saturday night we played a good old fashion of game of Telephone (you know, when you sit in a circle and someone makes something up that gets whispered in the next persons ear and it gets passed around the circle to see how well it travels back to the original person). We shared lots of laughs around the campfire that night. Haven't played that game in years and I was glad to see that the kids weren't buried in their phones and tablets all weekend long. 

Hayes State Park - Site 147

My Nephews, Cooper and Conner and Niece, Allison


The very first sign of Fall! My favorite time of year!


My Crew from left to right: Cooner, Allison and Cooper

And don't forget my nephew dog, Louie!
It was a tad chilly and he needed a sweater. 

And the theme continues, where are your feet?



No comments:

Post a Comment