Sunday, September 30, 2018

Sunshine and Seaplanes

Last weekend we ventured to Pokagon State Park in Angola, Indiana for a weekend of camping and seaplanes. Yes, I said seaplanes! I ran a crossed an event on Facebook for the 2018 Seaplane Splash-In and I knew that Jimmy would enjoy going to something like this. Little did I know, that I would enjoy it too!

We took off on Friday and made a long weekend of it since we haven't camped as much as we usually do. The campground was packed for the weekend and I'm sure the event and the nice, fall weather had something to do with it. We stayed through Monday which is always nice. The campground emptied out on Sunday and it felt like we had the place to ourselves. There was only one other tent-camper in our loop.

We took walks, slept-in, enjoyed some outlet shopping, and spent all day Sunday watching the seaplanes take-off and land in Lake James. I would have never guessed that thousands of people would show up for this event. I have a feeling that this will become an annual event on our calendar.

Google was kind enough to put together a video of my photos from the weekend and I think this just about says it all. Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment