Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Fun with Family and Friends in Frankenmuth


One of the very first camping trips we planned in 2019 happens to be the very last camping trip of the season. Each year, we plan to camp with our friends, Don and Deb. For the last couple of years, we have been trying to join them at Pine Ridge RV Park in Frankenmuth, MI. Something always gets in the way and it almost did again.

My cousin was getting married the same weekend we had planned to camp in Frankenmuth and I thought I was going to have to cancel our trip. It turned out that the wedding was only 20 minutes away from the campground. So, we decided to combine family and friends and all enjoy the weekend together. We had a mini-cousins camping reunion and even brought my mom along.

The weekend started out a little chilly for the first weekend in October but ended up pretty sunny and warm. The campground was super nice and we had full-hook up facilities which is a treat for us. We took my Mom to Bronner's on Saturday morning for a little Christmas fix before the wedding. I may have added a few more ornaments to my collection and started my Christmas shopping while I was there.

Brad and Renee's wedding was simply beautiful! It was at the Durand Train Station in Durand, MI. The happy couple ended the night by literally getting on a train to spend a couple of days in Port Huron. It was so fun to usher them off.

On Sunday, Don, Deb, Jim and I headed off to Northwoods in Pinconning. Northwoods is a wholesale outlet store that has everything you could possibly need for hunting, fishing, camping, Halloween and Christmas. I may have acquired another snowman for my collection too.

This was a great weekend with a lot of my favorite people and a nice way to wrap up the 2019 camping season. It is hard to believe that another camping season is in the books. The husband is winterizing the Pod for its long winter's nap as I finish up this post.

I guess I have all winter to plan the 2020 camping season. I wonder what journeys await us?

I appreciate everyone reading my blog and leaving comments. I started this as a way for me to catalog our travels to all the places that we have camped. I hope you have enjoyed it as much as I have.

We'll be counting down the days until next spring when our adventures continue . . .

Site 183 - Pine Ridge Campground in
Frankenmuth, MI

Don and Jimmy - They really do like each other!
Got Jimmy smiling again :)


Mom and Deb waiting for Jimmy to finish breakfast



Great cake topper!


Sending off the Bride and Groom.
Not the best picture but I tried.



No comments:

Post a Comment