Saturday, July 9, 2016

45 Minutes

I typically wouldn't make a post about a stop over night on a trip, but I just couldn't believe the customer service we received at Ionia State Park. Jim and I were heading to Traverse City for a week and I was already in Grand Rapids for a conference for work, so we decided to spend the night at Ionia. We have camped there before and knew the way around. I didn't want Jim to navigate Grand Rapids while towing the Pod, so this was much easier.

Ionia State Park - Site 69
We arrived 45 minutes before the check-in time to find a line of campers parked outside of the office. I went to check-in and the person at the desk was turning everyone away. In all my years of camping, I have never experienced this before. It is not like we were three hours early. We left the office and went down to the beach with the Pod in tow to wait for the official check-in time.

Once 3 pm arrived, we headed back to the office to find a mob of people all trying to check-in at the same time, with the same person in the office who just couldn't figure out where we were all there at the same time.  Duh!

Just wanted to send a word to the wise out to fellow travels. Pay attention to the check-in time if you are heading to Ionia State Park.  I didn't realize 45 minutes would make or break it.

No comments:

Post a Comment