Sunday, July 10, 2016

Where is your coffee cup?

Where is your coffee cup?
Most people know that not much stands between me and my morning coffee. It is my first stop every morning. Not only is it a necessity to get me moving (especially lately), I enjoy everything about it too.

On Tuesday morning at Interlochen State Park, we decided to have a rest day. We just chilled out all day at the campsite and enjoyed the scenery and nature around us. I did end up doing some reading for school, but that was about it. It was so nice to just chill for a change.

Here's my view, with my coffee cup. I believe we sat here until after noon just enjoying our coffee, each other and the crazy chipmunk that entertained us for hours.

Interlochen State Park was the first official state park in Michigan that was established in 1917. We were glad to check this one of our list. We were on site 385 which was on the banks of the lake. It was an extra-large site with lots of trees. Jim did a great job of navigating the Pod through the trees that offered the greatest view of the lake.  This site must have had a Yurt or Teepee on it at one point, as we also had a large dance floor at the far end of the campsite.

The first night we were there it got down to 48 degrees. The wind was sharp off the lake and I swear there was a wind chill. Only in Michigan, in June, do I need to pack shorts, hoodies and a coat! We connected with my family from Kalkaska, I spent quality time at the Interlochen library (thanks for the free wi-fi) and enjoyed some serious time around the fire ring. This was a great way to kick off our week of camping. Here's a few more photos of our campsite.


Interlochen State Park - Site 385

Smores, anyone?

Interlochen State Park - Site 385

Next stop — the 2016 RPod Eastern Roundup Rally (ERU) in Traverse City, MI...


1 comment:

  1. I love your blog and I'm so glad to see this post. What a great way to come off all of the work that went into your studies. Ahhhhh, yes...relax, chill, enjoy and renew! :)

    ReplyDelete