Thursday, December 31, 2015

Brothers and Sisters


Ludington State Park - Cedar Campground
Our last camping trip of 2015 was to Ludington State Park in Ludington, MI. We have camped here before and just love it. The park is beautiful and you cannot beat the view of Lake Michigan. We joined my brother, Bill and his wife Nancy and Nancy's brother, John, and his wife Lety from Indianapolis, IN.

Graduate school was in full force and I had a ton of homework. I think I spent more time at the Ludington library than I did anywhere else. I'm thankful that they had free WIFI and a quiet place to do homework. Each day, Jim dropped me off for about four hours to work on my assignments. It was a little frustrating since I wanted to be with the others, but I know my studies are important.

The weather was just perfect for our long weekend of September 10, 11, 12, 13 and 14, 2015. We had cool mornings, warm afternoons and a couple of rainy nights. We walked and biked but we never took the kayaks off the truck.

On Saturday, we hiked the Skyline Trail Boardwalk which is another trail that Jim and I hadn't discovered yet. There were over 100 steps involved but the view is well worth it.

On Sunday, we ventured out to the Big Sable Point Lighthouse. It was a 1.8 mile walk out to the lighthouse. We started early in the morning before it got to hot, but it didn't take long to warm up. We definitely reached our FitBit step goal for this day.

Here's some highlights from our trip....

One morning we were invaded by some wild turkeys.
They were a little too close for my comfort.

Maybe the turkeys knew it was time for
breakfast thanks to Chef Brother!


My time at the library being a good student
even while on vacation!

Hamlin Lake at Ludington State Park

Love Lake Michigan sunset!

My selfie on the pier in downtown Ludington.

It was a long walk up....

...but the view on the Skyline Trail was well worth the climb!

John, Lety, Nancy, Brother and Jimmy

Brother and Sister

Brother and Sister

Just another dam photo
(Sometimes I just crack myself up!)

The trek to the lighthouse...

Getting closer...

It was a beautiful site.

No comments:

Post a Comment